Friday 11 November 2011

Personal Phones - Privacy Invasion... By Your Boss

Hmm, no blog post for a good 2 weeks or so, time for an update, covering some of what I've read in this weeks new, all tech related but on different subjects.

First up, this article here got me a bit pissed off.

No way something like can stand in a court of law. Employers "demanding" the right to have remote access to employee's PERSONAL phones. Okay wait a second, personal phones? The key word here is personal. Who in their right mind gives someone they don't know remote access to their personal phone? I know I wouldn't.

The message here is DON'T use your personal phone for work, giving your boss remote access to your phone is complete privacy invasion, it's complete bullshit as far as I'm concerned. As much as I hate to say it, take the option of going with a firms provided BlackBerry phone (as much as I hate them compared to Android). Your personal phone is yours and only YOU should have access it to, full stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment