Wednesday 17 October 2012

Pointless Debate

Even though I'm not American, I'm gonna post this anyway.

I try not to follow the presidential debate between Obama vs Romney too much, nor do I follow politicians too closely anyway, a lot of them eventually backtrack on promises they make and sooner or later, greed and corruption starts to appear.

After reading my Twitter timeline last night regarding the debate, many of the people I'm following all say the same thing - holding out for comments regarding matters the US govs don't want to discuss isn't going to happen. Thanks to @ioerror for this tweet:

I wish that the #debate would cover #NDAA, #assassinationbydrone and #NSAWarrantlessWiretapping - I guess I won't hold my breath.

I'm mainly referring NDAA and drone strikes. If you don't know what they are, I covered NDAA in a past blog post so feel free to read that or Google for more information.

I think its sickening how US media is just refusing to cover some of the biggest issues and problems in US politics today, and its frankly shocking how if the people want information that they have to turn to people like David Seaman, or RT. Not that I'm complaining or anything, David and the Russian Gov/RT are doing an awesome job in putting out information the govs would rather see kept silent, I just think its so twisted - the shit job Obama managed to do - turn the US into a police state.

I'm fairly certain I'm not the only one who thinks along the lines of "fuck this I have better things to do" when it comes the the debates. I'm not discouraging you from watching/listening to the debates, but neither of them are in it "for the people" so to speak.

Anyway I'll end this by saying vote Romney or don't vote at all, I guarantee neither is a good choice, they are both gonna make the US a worse place to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment