Wednesday 14 September 2011

Facebook Subscriptions

For a long time, I've been a lover of Twitter and never really liked Facebook, and today Facebook introduced another feature, subscriptions. To me, they are kind of pointless and I don't see the use in them.

Facebook say it is so I can see others posts without being their friend and I can control what I see from them. But really, I aren't friends with anyone who I don't need to be friends with, let me be a bit more specific. I'm only friends with people that are close and matter to me, I don't want to see other crap from people that I don't really care about.

Sure I have 'liked' a few pages to get updates from them, but only a certain few make that list, security companies feed like Sophos.

Subscribers can see only the things you share publicly.

There's no point in people subscribing to me neither, I don't share ANYTHING publicly, my privacy settings are set to friends only and again, only people important in my life are on my friends list so unless I know you, you don't need to see what I've posted on Facebook.

It seems like Facebook keep pushing for social-ness and open-ness and surely there is always the security risk of it, it's so easy to stalk people via Facebook now, but I aren't one of these people who like to share everything I do, I keep myself to myself and I'm happy with the way I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment