Tuesday 16 August 2011

Facebook to enforce real name policy?

Was reading this article today on TheHackerNews and thought I'd post a little something about it.

The sister of Facebook CEO, Randi Zuckerberg wants to put an end to online anonymity. Facebook wants to force people to use their real names on Profiles.

You realize all this will do is anger the online consciousness that is Anonymous and me included. I'm not really a Facebook fan, never have been. I'm only on there to talk to a few friends and family, and my name is set to Belahzur because that's my online identity.

I'm sure everyone saw the big debate Google got when they forced this on users of Google+ and suspended accounts for it, frankly if Facebook did the same to me, cut me off contact with family just because I'd rather keep my real name hidden, then I'll happily leave Facebook and never go back there.

I don't want to sound like I'm all for Anonymous, but as an insider, what they do is for a just cause. I want my freedom of speech and my right to hide my name if I want to. If Facebook do plan to do this, then they deserve what's coming to them November the 5th.

No comments:

Post a Comment